Today is an offbeat day. A little side track from the adventure. It’s a beautiful morning, as I’m sitting in my living room listening to the gentle rain and the crackling of the fireplace. It’s not often we get to light a log in there in this humid place. A cup of hot coffee is just icing on the cake.
I’m in the habit of drinking coffee black these days. It’s helped cut a lot of sugar out and I have found it quite enjoyable to taste the actual coffee as it is. It has made me grow to enjoy espressos more, as you must use freshly ground coffee beans for a good espresso. I am a major lover of coffee. I one day want to venture to roasting my own beans, at least once in my life to experience it.
Speaking of things I want to do, the fire reminds me of my desire to apprentice in blacksmithing. To be able to create knives and swords and even armor would be amazing. I love to create and I love to experience as many things as I possibly can. I like to consider myself a Jack of All Trades. I know the saying is typically known as “A Jack of All Trades, a Master of None.” But that has such a negative ring to it. I think it sounds much better as “A Jack of All Trades, a Master of Many.” And I think you’ll agree with me when I explain my thoughts behind it.
You see, in this day and age of technology, we have more than just masters of things. We have specialists and experts. A lot of people specialize in very specific areas. That’s fine and all, it really is. We need people to have specialized knowledge in specific areas. But they are limited to just that. To make it all run, flow and connect, you need an in between that can link it all together. That’s where people like myself come in. I am no expert or specialist in any specific area. I know enough in a lot of fields to be able to talk and understand what others are saying, and communicate that to others.
We all have our opinions, ideas, knowledge and experience to contribute and we all have some thing or other to contribute to society. I would love to be an expert in my field of choice, but reality is I love to experiment with too much. I am a tinkerer of sorts. I find that when you come to terms with what your expertise is in, life sort of falls in to place for you. You know exactly what you want and you have the confidence to ask for it, and you will receive it.
Today is a short writing, and I want to leave off with a list of my current goals and desires:
- Achieve 10% Body Fat: I am currently sitting at about 24% Body Fat and this year I have focused so much more on fitness.
- Compete in at least ONE Bodybuilding Competition next year: Moving to where I am now I have been introduced to many bodybuilders. They are great friends and very helpful. I admire their hard work and dedication.
- Grow this blog to have a subscriber base of at least 100 people by the end of September: I find having specific goals in short periods are super important as they give you a guide to get where you want and encourage you to work hard towards that goal.
- Venture in to online marketing: Yes, my sole goal is not just writing for my personal blog, but also to market online. eCommerce and selling tangible goods as well is a major goal. I will brand myself before the end of this year.
- Connect with my subscribers and create a MasterMind Network: It works like this. I want to connect with those that subscribe to me. You are all important to me and you are my friends. A MasterMind Network is simple. It is a group of five or more people, all with specialized knowledge in different fields working together to create amazing things. When you have multiple people putting their thinking power together, AMAZING things happen! No one succeeds on their own. There is no way around it. You need others to help you grow, and I want to help you all grow as much as I want your help for me to grow. We work with and for each other and great things will happen for all of us, I promise!
This is but a small list of my current goals, but the most important to me at this time. These can and do get a lot more specific, but I won’t bother you with all the details. What I hope you take from this is understanding how important it is to speak your goals, hold yourself accountable and seek for help from others that have specialized knowledge in areas you want to succeed in, i.e.: me in bodybuilding connecting with and working with professional bodybuilders.
Now, go out my friends! Set Sail and Conquer!